6.02.2009

Today is my first official day of no smoking, I've been procrastinating quitting for a week now.. I quit in July of 2007 when I was pregnant with Dylan.. And for whatever reason I started again Thanksgiving day 2008 BIG MISTAKE that I really wish I hadn't made, I felt so much better health wise when I was not smoking, I could actually breath. I could walk with out running out of breath. Which is why I am quitting again..


I've decided to start walking, It will be good for me and Dylan both to get out of the house and venture out. Today was the first day and I feel really good after my walk. I walked about a mile and a half.

I really just want to become healthier I think it will help alot with my anxiety and panic.

November of 2006 I started a diet I had read about on the internet about a 600 calories a day diet, It also said you need to be seeing a doctor if you go on that low of a calorie diet also.. But I just figured it wasn't a big deal and I would just try it out and see if it worked. And it did, I became totally obsessed with counting calories. And pretty quick I found a good combination to use when eating I ate a yogurt for breakfast, a lean cuisine for lunch and a yogurt for dinner, And I was taking trimspa pills and I exercised as much as I had time for, I was then working 12 hour shifts.

Somewhere along the line I believe that this diet caused my gal bladder problem so I decided to quit doing this diet after I had my surgery.. That pain from my galbladder was horrible.. I didn't want to risk more problems from this diet. I lost alot of weight on this diet in a very short period of time 3 months, I went from 246 to 195 and for the first time in a long time I felt really good I was on my way to being where I wanted to be And just seein the results on the scale that would give me the drive to keep doing what I was doing until I started to have problems, I had surgery for my galbladder March 2007 then I got pregnant in April.. So all that weight I had lost, I was gaining it back during my pregnancy I gained about 28 pounds... And I have not been able to loose it not that I have been trying or anything either.. And obviously it doesn't just come off. haha wish it did though.

I haven't stepped on a scale since August of last year, Nick bought me one because if I am doing a diet I have to be able to see how I am doing.. I was actually terrified to step on the scale I honestly for some reason knew I was going to weigh over 300 pounds or be close to it.. And what a relief standing on that scale I am no where near that much lol, I haven't lost all my baby weigh but I am definatly going to work towards this with everything I have and succeed. I've just never really had the drive to do it, But once I start and get serious about something I have the drive to acheive whatever Im working for.

My goal is to loose 50 pounds by the beginning of Septemeber.. :) So I really hope that I can make it :)

1 comment:

  1. HI Aubrey :)
    Great job on the no smoking and the new healthier way of life.
    I too have been contemplating both quitting smoking and weight loss.. I just need to do it! You inspire me to want to try. I love reading your blog, you are a wonderful writer and I will be watching for your updates.
    love,
    Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete